- 1 tbsp ghee + 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 2 pulled rotisserie chickens
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ – 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ can of lima beans (rinsed & drained)
- ¾ can of sliced carrots (rinsed & drained)
- ½ – 1 cup heavy cream (you can sub with almond milk for dairy free)
- ½ – 1 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On the stove, bring everything to a boil (except the cream and almond flour).
- Once boiling, add the cream and almond flour to the pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer to thicken.
- While mixture is thickening, make the paleo crust (see below).
- Press half of the paleo dough into the bottom of a 9×13 dish.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and pour the mixture on top.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut pieces for the top (with cookie cutter or a glass cup)
- Put it back in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Paleo Crust (found this recipe on the internet… I just can’t remember whose it is… it’s delicious, I promise.)
Mix the following ingredients with a fork until it is crumbly:
- 2 cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 egg