- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 lbs sliced ham (I got Boars Head Black Forest from my deli)
- 1/4 lbs baby swiss cheese
- 5 chicken breasts
- 2-3 c herbed dry bread stuffing mix
- 1/4 c melted butter
- Mix soup, milk and garlic together in small bowl.
- Pour about 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of crock pot.
- Cut chicken into cubes, place in crock pot.
- Chop ham, sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Pour remaining mixture over the chicken.
- Cover with swiss cheese.
- Cover with stuffing mix.
- Pour melted butter on top.
- Cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-6 hours.
The dish is a bit on the salty side. Low-sodium cream of chicken soup and a non-salty ham (don’t get Virginia ham) will work best. If you are trying to feed a ton of people and want to double the recipe, I might do so by adding a second layer of all the ingredients. I served with green beans and rolls.