Baked Cinnamon French Toast
- 1 Loaf of Cinnamon Chip Bread
- 9 large eggs
- 1 c half and half
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
Cinnamon Crunch Topping
- 3/4 c flour
- 3/4 c oatmeal, raw
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 1/2 c walnuts or pecans, finely chopped (optional)
Baked Cinnamon French Toast Directions:
- Cut bread into 2×2 squares.
- Arrange cubes in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a mixer or whisk until blended but not too bubbly.
- Pour mixture over the bread cubes, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture.
- Toss the cubes with the mixture in the pan to evenly distribute the liquid.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread Crunch Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden.
Cinnamon Crunch Topping Directions:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, and walnuts/pecans.