- I cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, (not regular yogurt, it will be too sticky)
- 4 tablespoons, 4 ounces, or half package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 1 egg white, beaten (whole egg works fine too)
Optional toppings: Everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place parchment paper or a silpat on a baking sheet. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour and the yogurt.
- Mix with a fork or spatula until well combined. It will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Divide dough into 8 equal balls. Flatten each ball into circles, then place 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese on each.
- Cover the dough well & roll into a ball. Repeat with all dough.
- Top with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before eating.
Air Fryer Method:
- Spray the basket to avoid sticking.
- Preheat the air fryer 325F. Transfer in batches without overcrowding, bake 11/12 minutes, or until golden.
- No need to turn. Let cool for 10 mins.