- 2 2lb chuck roasts
- 8oz baby Carrots (about ½ a small bag)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cut in 2 inch cubes (you can also use white potatoes)
- 1 carton (32 oz) beef broth (or frozen leftover broth from a previous roast)
- 1-2 tbsp Canola Oil or Ghee
- Heat 1-2 tbsp oil or ghee in a large skillet. (I don’t recommend olive oil or butter)
- Sear both sides of the roast (3-5 min on each side). Lightly salt the top side before flipping.
- Repeat for the 2nd roast.
- Place both roasts in the crock pot.
- Pour broth over roast.
- Salt carrots and potatoes generously. Then add to crock pot. If you like your veggies more crunchy, add them in a few hours into cooking.
- Cook all day (about 6-8 hours) on high.
- Very Important: Pour all leftover broth in a freezer container and freeze for the next time you make this dish.