Meal planning can be difficult to keep fresh. And unless you are making an all-in-one dish (which is not a family favorite at my house) you not only have to plan a main course, you have to figure out what to serve with it. Add to that trying to keep your meal healthy and you can really find your self in a rut. I do not consider myself that great of a cook but I do try to plan creative, fun and relatively healthy meals for my family a few days each week.
(And by the way, you can search any of my recipes in the search bar over to the top right, or browse them by clicking “categories” and then select, “recipes”)
Last time I shared roasted balsamic sweet potatoes. Today I am going to share with you my sautéed spinach recipe. I always say, I don’t like wet leaves. That includes collard greens and cooked spinach. But even I like this recipe. To start, you need to know that you really cannot mess this up. It is really a pinch of this and a handful of that. Also, this is not a picture of my spinach recipe. It will not be this pretty. Not even close :).
What you’ll need…
-about 1-2 tbs of some kind of cooking oil. I like to use coconut for this recipe, but butter, olive oil or vegetable will work.
-1-2 bags of fresh spinach. (it really really cooks down)
-1-2 cloves of pressed garlic
-a pinch of salt
-1/4 cup of cream, half and half, or milk (in that order)
-a handful or 2 of shredded cheese (I like cheddar)
-and if you are feeling really brave, a can of artichoke hearts. If you add the artichoke hearts, you probably only need one bag of spinach.
What to do…
1. Heat your oil in your pan, I like to use a deep fry pan with a lid (kinda like this one)
2. Add your spinach to the pan, put the lid on. After about a minute or two, check and stir. Do this a few times until the spinach begins to wilt.
3. Add garlic, cream, salt, and (optional) artichokes.
4. Let the spinach wilt down a to the consistentcy you prefer.
5. Add the cheese, stir for about 30 seconds to get cheese to start to melt. Remove from heat. Cover with lid. Let it sit for a a few minutes so the cheese can melt.
Hope you enjoy! I’d love to know if you make this and like it!