I hope you had a wonderful new year and a very merry Christmas! I have certainly enjoyed a break from blogging but also excited to be back. 2012 was an incredible year for us. Our ministry and our family has never had a bigger year than we did in 2012. Here are my 12 favorite events from 2012 (in no particular order)…
1. Code Orange Revival. Although it feels like a lifetime ago, this did, in fact, occur in 2012. It was a whirlwind 2 weeks that had a significant impact on my life personally and on the life of our church.
2. Elijah’s baptism. There is nothing like seeing your firstborn express their own belief in Jesus. What an incredible moment.
3. Trip to Hillsong Australia. I was so proud to accompany my husband to Australia and hear him preach at not only one of the most influential churches in the world, but also one that has impacted my life personally.
4. Banner Years. Elevation is filled with moments where God came through. Banner Years is one of those moments for me. Our church believed God for something big. My husband and I gave sacrificially along with the people of our church and God multiplied it. My faith grew yet again.
5. Greater, a NY Times bestseller. When my husband released his 2nd book this fall we had no idea how it would be received. We were blown away at the response it got as the book made it’s way to the New York Times bestseller list.
6. An incredible vacation. Halfway through this crazy ride, we took a family vacation. The trip was a breath of fresh air for all of us.
7. Abbey turned 1. The first birthday is significant because you realize that you made it and if you can make it through the first year, you can make it through the next 17.
8. 7 Mile Miracle. Our team wove the most unbelievable Easter worship experience and many people came to know Christ.
9. Graham’s birthday trip. Our Graham Graham turned 5 this year. We snuck away for three nights with just him and had a blast. It is always so special to spend time alone with one of our kids!
10. Best Christmas ever. Because of our amazing weekend support team, I was able to sit and hear my husband present the gospel 10 times that added up to 34 worship experiences city wide (plus one in Toronto!) and I got to do fun stuff with my children in between. There is nothing like watching people stand and give their lives to Christ and there is nothing like doing church as a family.
11. 10 year wedding anniversary. My husband and I celebrated 10 years of marriage this June and we can honestly say we not only still love each other but we also still like each other.
12. I officially took up tennis. I began taking lessons this summer for the 2nd summer in a row, only this year, I kept it up. I have played tennis almost every week since July and am loving it. If you know anything about me, you know this is huge for me as it is the longest I have ever played a sport (and actually the only sport I have ever learned).