Last week, several of the Elevation staff spouses and I (how do you like our hair nets?) served at the Charlotte Rescue Mission’s Dove’s Nest. The Dove’s Nest is an amazing ministry that provides substance abuse recovery for women and their families at a success rate of 77%! Their program has several unique features…
- They are a Christ based ministry
- They are not a 28 day program, residents stay for 4-5 months
- They are able to house a woman AND her children while the mother is getting help
- The women receive counseling from trained professionals
This past summer the Dove’s Nest opened a brand new building, located right in the heart of Charlotte that is amazing. Their new facility allows them to eventually be able to help 90 women at a time.
We had a great time touring their facility, hanging out with the residents and helping in their kitchen. If you are local to Charlotte, you can help the Dove’s Nest in the following ways…
- become a prayer partner
- help cook or donate meals once a month
- bring donations such as women’s clothing, shoes, and hygiene items
- provide services for the women such as art or cooking classes, salon or spa services, even fitness classes
You can click here to see their ongoing and immediate needs.